1. Weather threats - even though you can call on a bomoh or pray to God or check the forecast, nothing is certain when it comes to how the sky feels on that special day. If Mr Weather feels like crying that day, these would be a pretty mess:
- mushy and soft grounds where heels sink so deeply
- a leaking water bed seat feeling due to the drench cushions
- a delayed start time depending when the skies stop crying - could be an hour or more and due to that it'll either be too dark for photography or too hot for the guests if it's a morning wedding
- canopy with mist fans - a big no-no for photography
- and even if there's no rain, wind, hot sun or the humid weather, would make guests feel sweaty and sticky by the end of the ceremony and may not be a preference especially for men in suits or ladies in pretty satin dresses.
|A beautiful Tanarimba wedding set-up (from #JamilyWeds)|
2. Venue - beautiful outdoor wedding venues tend to be far from the big cities e.g. Tanarimba at Janda Baik, Hotel Equatorial Bangi, Pangkor Laut Resort or even Langkawi thus if you forget to bring something for the wedding e.g. wedding favours or decor, it can't arrive instantly the moment you remember the missed item.
3. Suppliers - a quick tip for anyone planning a wedding is to always give all suppliers a quick reminder text or call on the eve of the event to avoid any incident of forgotten assigned task. It's never a wasted effort to give a little reminder.
4. Nature's life forms - mosquitoes, sandflies, etc, are uninvited guests that won't go away so do prep with repellent stickers or coils or lemongrass whichever smells better
5. Decor - adding plastic decor to a beautiful open space will not be suitable therefore set aside a budget for more fresh flowers, wooden decor, ribbons, candles etc. Psstt...baby breaths are pretty, affordable and lasting!
|Baby breath decor at #JamilyWeds|
The most fulfilling though would be the smiles on the couple's face at the end of the day despite whatever the heavens offer. If you're in any need of a wedding planner, I'm in partnership with Blissful Moment so PM us! https://www.facebook.com/blissfulmomentsevents/